- Oven Temperatue: 180 degrees celsius.
- Makes: 12
- To be made in pairs.
- 1 & 1/2 C S.R flour
- 1/2 tsp of mixed spice
- 1/3 C butter
- 1/3 cup of raw sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/3 C mixed fruit
- Sift the flour and mixed spice into a large bowl.
- Rub in butter into the flour and spice. It is ready when it resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add raw sugar and mixed fruit with the flour mixture and stir.
- Mix milk and egg together in small jug.
- Pour milk and egg mixture into flour using wooden spoon stir until combined.
- Place 12 even spoonfuls of mixture onto your greased trays. (3 rows of 4)
- bake for 15-20 minutes. They are ready when they are a light golden brown colour.
- Cool rock cakes on wire rack to cool down before presenting your best three on a small white plate.